Blades Of Burning Shadows [GoDT] - GW
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Blades Of Burning Shadows [GoDT] - GW

Welcome everyone to [GoDT] forum

HomeHome  [GoDT] home[GoDT] home  [TAM] Alliance wiki[TAM] Alliance wiki  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Aion: The Tower of Eternity

Go down 
+5
Prince
Maj V
DarkChaos
Horus
Sineater
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Sineater
Aggromagnet
Sineater

Number of posts : 180
Registration date : 2008-08-28

Character's info
Character name:: Verament Sineater
Profession:: N/x N/x
Titles maxed::
Aion: The Tower of Eternity Left_bar_bleue0/41Aion: The Tower of Eternity Empty_bar_bleue  (0/41)

Aion: The Tower of Eternity Empty
PostSubject: Aion: The Tower of Eternity   Aion: The Tower of Eternity Icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2008 9:16 am

and my latest obsession. It is not currently out yet but there is a heck of alot of information on it around the net and I have been looking it up the past few days Razz.

I shall start with the Basics:

~It's an MMORPG with similiar workings to WoW, however without the cartoony graphics and alot more improvements.
~It has three races/factions Elyos, Asmodai and Balaur. You can choose Elyos or Asmodains but Balaur is completely NPC.
~Avatar creations on a higher plane as in you can customize your look to a truey unique character (or if your lazy a pre-created one)
~One of the main features it uses is flight.

These are the basics of the game however to truely explain it I will have to go to extensive detail. So bair with me

First of all you must be curious about the back story well there is not alot to it... to be honest.

Aion: The Tower of Eternity Theworld

The world is whole and the only race is humans (ironic huh?)

Then the great cataclysm happens and the world is split in two like above. The bootm have blessed with light and the top half cursed by ldarkness. From the light was born Elyos angle like creatures with arrogance and pride. The top half's skin's darkended and created Asmodians, creatures that are envious at the elyos taking their land for granted with their arrogance and need to eliminate the Asmodians. So as you can see it's not like the Horde and the alliance from WoW but something more complex.

This is how the PvP section of the game is developed forcing you to fight the opposite faction and gain more control. However it is not as easy as that the NPC faction Balaur is there to hold the balance so if your side is doing particualrly well the Balaur may help the other side. So The game so far is pretty balanced.

So you know more about the races, though little about the classes.

To start of there are 4 classes (not 6 or 8 like GW but wait for it...) how ever these are only main classes in true Flyff style (or korean...) you get 2 subclasses for each main class. I shall go through each class

Aion: The Tower of Eternity Classes

Warrior: Well it's a sworld wielder with heavy armour not too different from other warriors...

Gladiator: The main Melee class, brute strength and all that jazz.
Templar: the main defensive class and has chants and healing skills too (apparently)

Scout: Well they are concerned about agility and speed. They are quick on their feet and fast to attack.

Ranger: Same as GW
Assasin: Same a GW

Mage: weak but make up for it with amazing magic and spells...

Sorceror: Even more powerful spells but the weakest class.
Spiritmasters: Like summoners from FF series. They can summon elemntal beasts to do their fighting and are slightly stronger in armour than the Sorceror.

Priest: Same as in GW

Chanter: Multi-tasker... that can ressurect, heal and fight the monsters a must for any team.
Cleric: Priests with self-defence and can wield a mace...

Videos of Classes can be found here or on youtube if you search for "Aion" and "Classes".

So when do you get to these amazing clasess?

Well when you start off your in your faction's home and can venture just outside to train and as soon as you reach lvl 10 you have earned your wings (literally) and become a daerva. Now you can choose your secondary class but that is not all. You can now fly and attack enemies from above the ground and can actually sweep down on them. Though you do have a timer on how long you can fly so now flying is not just to get you from A to B but can be used in tactics agains monsters and other players. At level 20 you start going into the Abyss where you fight for territory and can level up. The game is similar to Tabula Rasa in whiich the game evolves depending on which faction is at it's highest and it affects quests as well.

So that's just a taste... Any questions?
Back to top Go down
Horus
[GoDT] leader
Horus

Number of posts : 1726
In Game Name : Horus Dragon Healer
Registration date : 2007-12-04

Character's info
Character name:: Horus Dragon Healer
Profession:: Mo/x Mo/x
Aion: The Tower of Eternity Left_bar_bleue11/41Aion: The Tower of Eternity Empty_bar_bleue  (11/41)

PostSubject: Re: Aion: The Tower of Eternity   Aion: The Tower of Eternity Icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2008 9:39 am

amm...^^

monthly fee?
Back to top Go down
https://godt.forumotion.com
Horus
[GoDT] leader
Horus

Character's info
Aion: The Tower of Eternity Left_bar_bleue11/41Aion: The Tower of Eternity Empty_bar_bleue  (11/41)

PostSubject: Re: Aion: The Tower of Eternity   Aion: The Tower of Eternity Icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2008 9:44 am

also just checked movies a bit, i must say i really low 1st one about character creation, you can really customize your character as much as you want - really like it Wink

not like in GW where i had to pick the weird face/hair to stay unique xD (joke, i thought it looked quite cool when i made my monk xD)
Back to top Go down
Sineater
Aggromagnet
Sineater

Character's info
Aion: The Tower of Eternity Left_bar_bleue0/41Aion: The Tower of Eternity Empty_bar_bleue  (0/41)

PostSubject: Re: Aion: The Tower of Eternity   Aion: The Tower of Eternity Icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2008 9:48 am

Quote :
monthly fee?

No idea, it could be Micro (which alot are hoping it will be) or the usual cost to play NCsoft game. Though as soon as I find out I will post it here Smile

One thing is for sure monthly fee or not I will play it ^-^

Quote :
also just checked movies a bit, i must say i really low 1st one about character creation, you can really customize your character as much as you want - really like it Wink

not like in GW where i had to pick the weird face/hair to stay unique xD (joke, i thought it looked quite cool when i made my monk xD)

I liked that idea as well... keep seeing clones of my Necromancer and it makes me feel less unique Sad
Back to top Go down
Horus
[GoDT] leader
Horus

Character's info

PostSubject: Re: Aion: The Tower of Eternity   Aion: The Tower of Eternity Icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2008 10:01 am

Sineater wrote:
Quote :
monthly fee?
I will play it ^-^

leaving us then? die
Back to top Go down
Sineater
Aggromagnet
Sineater

Character's info

PostSubject: Re: Aion: The Tower of Eternity   Aion: The Tower of Eternity Icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2008 10:04 am

Of course not! I can multitask and possibly try and lead you guys into it as well ^-^

Thinking of Making a GoDT guild there as well and make this guild a multi game guild ^-^ should be an interesting project Very Happy

Anyway if I play it I will play it ever second day and the same for GW.
Back to top Go down
Horus
[GoDT] leader
Horus

Character's info

PostSubject: Re: Aion: The Tower of Eternity   Aion: The Tower of Eternity Icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2008 10:25 am

I've been thinking about GoDT moving to other game long time ago, but i think it wouldn't work Sad many ppl play GW because it has no fees and well, there are no other games without fees out there, so most likely not really possible, but really wondering what will happen when most of ppl get bored of GW, which will happen sooner or later as there's still a long time till GW2

Last edited by Horus on Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DarkChaos
is going to kill you, biatch
DarkChaos

Number of posts : 1545
In Game Name : Darkchaos Knight

Character's info
Character name:: DarkChaos Knight
Profession:: W/x W/x
Aion: The Tower of Eternity Left_bar_bleue26/30Aion: The Tower of Eternity Empty_bar_bleue  (26/30)

PostSubject: Re: Aion: The Tower of Eternity   Aion: The Tower of Eternity Icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2008 10:28 am

A definate buy, just cant decide between sorcorer and gladiator Razz
Back to top Go down
Horus
[GoDT] leader
Horus

Character's info

PostSubject: Re: Aion: The Tower of Eternity   Aion: The Tower of Eternity Icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2008 10:34 am

check some more things about it, graphic is honestly amazing Smile quite reminds me on improved GW graphic Wink

also Chanter there looks awesome^^ but spiritmaster is very cool too

is it instanced or open free world?
Back to top Go down
DarkChaos
DarkChaos

Character's info
Aion: The Tower of Eternity Left_bar_bleue26/30Aion: The Tower of Eternity Empty_bar_bleue  (26/30)

PostSubject: Re: Aion: The Tower of Eternity   Aion: The Tower of Eternity Icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2008 10:37 am

if its instanced then i'll take 10.
Back to top Go down
Horus
[GoDT] leader
Horus

Character's info

PostSubject: Re: Aion: The Tower of Eternity   Aion: The Tower of Eternity Icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2008 10:38 am

So, you're gonna play it too Chaos?

Release is when btw? this or next year?
Back to top Go down
DarkChaos
DarkChaos

Character's info

PostSubject: Re: Aion: The Tower of Eternity   Aion: The Tower of Eternity Icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2008 10:44 am

Release date 30 oct for the US, TBA 2008 for UK

so not that long
Back to top Go down
Sineater
Aggromagnet
Sineater

Character's info

PostSubject: Re: Aion: The Tower of Eternity   Aion: The Tower of Eternity Icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2008 10:45 am

Quote :
I've been thinking about GoDT moving to other game long time ago, but i think it wouldn't work

Yeah I know that happens... I tried to get my Flyff friends here and my rl firneds into GW but I just couldn't so unfortunbately in the real plan of things it does not work.

Quote :
really wondering what will happen when most of ppl get bored of GW, which will happen sooner or later as there's still a long time till GW2

I have no idea and I know it WILL happen, I was nieve in flyff and Sineaterz fell apart after being 2 years strong. I mean there is only so much you can do and after a while it does get repeatitive and GW2 is at least a year or two away. Guess we just have to wait and see.

Quote :
A definate buy, just cant decide between sorcorer and gladiator Razz

I am going for Spiritmaster or Chanter

Quote :
is it instanced or open free world?

No idea if it is instinced or open world, though I get the feeling it's open world. Not too sure though need to look it up.

Quote :
Release is when btw? this or next year?

Early next year is the plan 30/1/2009 is the date on play.com but I have a feeling it will be a month or two later. Though the korean beta is already out.
Back to top Go down
Horus
[GoDT] leader
Horus

Character's info

PostSubject: Re: Aion: The Tower of Eternity   Aion: The Tower of Eternity Icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2008 10:47 am

DarkChaos wrote:
Release date 30 oct for the US, TBA 2008 for UK
Sineater wrote:
Early next year is the plan 30/1/2000

confused confused confused
Back to top Go down
Horus
[GoDT] leader
Horus

Character's info

PostSubject: Re: Aion: The Tower of Eternity   Aion: The Tower of Eternity Icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2008 10:50 am

also i just love Chanter's animations I love you
Back to top Go down
Sineater
Aggromagnet
Sineater

Character's info

PostSubject: Re: Aion: The Tower of Eternity   Aion: The Tower of Eternity Icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2008 10:50 am

Don't worry it should be within the next 4-6 months at least XD
Back to top Go down
DarkChaos
DarkChaos

Character's info

PostSubject: Re: Aion: The Tower of Eternity   Aion: The Tower of Eternity Icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2008 10:52 am

Still torn between sorceror and gladiator- and the light and dark sides too >.>
Back to top Go down
Horus
[GoDT] leader
Horus

Character's info

PostSubject: Re: Aion: The Tower of Eternity   Aion: The Tower of Eternity Icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2008 10:53 am

funny how Aion is using fansites only too and no official forums Wink again simmilar to GW Smile
Back to top Go down
Sineater
Aggromagnet
Sineater

Character's info

PostSubject: Re: Aion: The Tower of Eternity   Aion: The Tower of Eternity Icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2008 11:08 am

It's a good idea it means it is mainly fan based and fan moderated. I am already on Aionsource.com XD
Back to top Go down
Sineater
Aggromagnet
Sineater

Character's info

PostSubject: Re: Aion: The Tower of Eternity   Aion: The Tower of Eternity Icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2008 11:09 am

Oh and I forgot to say If you like one better than the other go for that one because later you can get slots that allow you to get diffeent armour and some skills and characteristics from the other Razz
Back to top Go down
Horus
[GoDT] leader
Horus

Character's info

PostSubject: Re: Aion: The Tower of Eternity   Aion: The Tower of Eternity Icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2008 11:10 am

Sineater wrote:
I am already on Aionsource.com XD

yeh, figured it's the most active of those english sited Wink not registered, but checked those sites.
Back to top Go down
Horus
[GoDT] leader
Horus

Character's info

PostSubject: Re: Aion: The Tower of Eternity   Aion: The Tower of Eternity Icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2008 11:23 am

watching this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11H58brq7k8&feature=related

It's upgraded GW O_o

and as you can see at the begining of it, it had a loading screen, again it was much like some Abaddon's gate screenie xD
Back to top Go down
DarkChaos
DarkChaos

Character's info

PostSubject: Re: Aion: The Tower of Eternity   Aion: The Tower of Eternity Icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2008 11:35 am

Treat is as GW 1.5
kill time between the two
Back to top Go down
Sineater
Aggromagnet
Sineater

Character's info

PostSubject: Re: Aion: The Tower of Eternity   Aion: The Tower of Eternity Icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2008 11:35 am

Shiny graphics Smile
It is made by NCsoft so it could be similiar to GW
though it reminded me of DMC4 quite a bit Razz
Back to top Go down
DarkChaos
DarkChaos

Character's info

PostSubject: Re: Aion: The Tower of Eternity   Aion: The Tower of Eternity Icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2008 11:37 am

yeah come of the moves are quite similar- but their clothes arent as epicly cool Wink

Edit: I want Nero's coat!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Aion: The Tower of Eternity   Aion: The Tower of Eternity Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Aion: The Tower of Eternity
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next